Friday, June 18, 2010

Bumpy start..but I am here!

I am not even going to waste text explaining the mess that was Seattle security. Let's just say that my travel mindset is a little rusty and small details slipped through the cracks. I ended up having to get my bags checked at security extensively and almost missed my plane. Note to self: NO LIQUIDS OR SHARP ITEMS IN CARRY-ON, DUH.

Red Eyes always seems like the best idea when you are booking your flight. As many of you know, I sleep like a rock so sleeping and traveling at the same time seems incredibly efficient, right?! Not even I could catch some z's through the screaming 3 yo sitting right in front of me. And the parents just sat there as if nothing was going on. I offered gum (I used to be one of those screaming kids when the pressure changed) but they just shrugged as if this was normal. Oh, and the turbulence coming in to JFK is definitely something to write home about.

Spent almost 2 hours on crazy subway network and was still in the same city at the end! Ben was just getting ready for work and is already an incredibly generous host. It seems like no time has passed since I saw him last. I took a lonnng nap and am up and about to head out into that urban jungle.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment