Monday, June 21, 2010

In the city that never sleeps

My time in the big apple was spent vising museums, eating good cheap
food, meeting great people, and A LOT of walking. I stayed at Ben's
place in Harlem and we were out and about the whole time. I am writing
this on my iPhone as I wait it the longest security line evvvver at
JFK. I an quite proud of myself that my bag weighed 50.0 lbs and I
have plenty of time to stand in this rediculous line. Anyway, here is
the break down of the weekend:

Friday- after a much needed nap, I ventured out to central park and
the Met. Picasso was the featured exhibition. I also got to see a ton
of 19th century European art and some pretty sweet Egyptian artifacts.
Ben met up with me on the rooftop of the Met where they had a summer
exhibition of thousands of bamboo twigs tied together. Sounds weird
but look at the piassa pics. We hung out with Manhattan's finest and
then made our way to meet up with Ben Trigg who came to visit me from
New Jersey!

Sat- walking walking walking. High line park, little Italy, china
town, and lots of well known parks I'm forgetting the name of. Walking
was really the best way to see the city as we stumbled upon all these
street fairs, random gatherings, and lots of interesting people.

Sun- woke up and went to MoMA where they had one of my fav (if not my
fav) photographers on display. It was one of the better exhibits I
have seen, followed by more permanent works in the museum. Paintings
we have known about for ever and seeing the original makes you finally
understand why it's so amazing. We continued our walking journey until
dinner time at a pretty awesome little hole in the way Indian
restaurant. The food was delicious but the coolest part was that the
restaurant is BYOB. We grabbed a six pack of yummy beer from Vermont
and they kept them cold for us while we ate. No "corkage fee". Loved
that.

In between all that, I met several of Ben's friends and got to catch
up with him after a 3 year hiatus. All in all, great weekend.

Oo I'm almost at the front of line. I made sure not to sleep much so I
would pass out for the majority of this 11 hour flight. Hoping alcohol
is free :)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment