Sunday, July 18, 2010

home sweet home...almost!

I am sitting in the terminal at JFK, waiting to board my flight home! After recovering from some little bug I brought home with me from Ghana, I spent the day wandering around the city with my cousin Katie and Ben Trigg. We had Dim Sum for brunch in Chinatown and then walked around for a few hours. It was great to catch up with them, drink tap water wth ice, eat street food, and take a hot shower!

I am very thankful that everything went smoothly (for the most part) and I had such a great experience. I accomplished everything that I was hoping to accomplish on the trip. I have to send a huge thanks to Lauren. She is the reason I went and the reason I was able to do as much as I did.

One thing I should have done is given myself a day buffer between getting home and working. As is, I am getting home at 11 pm and working tomorrow morning. At least I maximized my vacation time! woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment